Treadle Metal Lathe and Post drill

lundi 18 janvier 2016

Our boys were after a lawn sweeper to go behind the $100 ride on mower we bought last week. We repaired the diff on the mower and got the engine going and now it is a good machine! I checked an add on Gumtree that had just what we were after and also some blacksmith gear. While enquiring about the sweeper I asked about the lathe in the picture and the seller said it was a Treadle Lathe. I couldn't go past it. I have wanted one since I first learnt about lathes!

It needs a good clean and lubrication but it is mostly there with only a few broken pieces and of course no flat belt. I haven't been able to find a makers name anywhere. Any guesses?
The Seller said it came from a Blacksmith shop at Yacka near Clare SA. It has clearly done its share of work.

I also picked up this post drill. It is in very good order.

Pics of coarse!!
Attached Images




Read the full thread at metalworkforums.com...


Treadle Metal Lathe and Post drill

0 commentaires:

Enregistrer un commentaire

 

Lorem

Ipsum

Dolor