Asian inspired document box

mardi 19 janvier 2016

My neighbours were having a tidy up and offered me off-cuts of their Kwila stairs that had been built some 15 years ago, which I gladly accepted.
They had also been giving me some very helpful computer assistance/training so I looked around for a different idea to create a box for them. In the December issue of the American magazine Woodcraft a feature article was an Asian style Jewelry box that I had downloaded via the Zinio app via my library.
The design showed all spline joints cut on a table saw. To me the detail dimensions were not practical so I changed the design to using small biscuit joints cut with a Gifkins slot cutter and using hand made biscuits for the corner posts and mitred lid. The lid insert was fitted using a tight tongue and groove joint.
Dimensions were changed to suit my re-sawn sizes and to accommodate A4 size documents.
The finish is sanding sealer, spray lacquer and the buffed with canubra wax.
C&C welcome.
Attached Images


Asian inspired document box

0 commentaires:

Enregistrer un commentaire

 

Lorem

Ipsum

Dolor