Occre Stephenson's Rocket 1/24 My second build

jeudi 26 mars 2015

Hi

Back again with project No 2, the Stephenson's Rocket by Occre, which I purchased as part of 3 items to see if I liked wood models. Yep its addictive so far.

There is a huge jump in learning with this kit.

The instructions have an english supplement, but are sparse. You have to rely on judging the photos's correctly.

The kit contains metal parts as well



Anyway hear goes:

First the simple assembly of the main boiler. The frame was easy enough, but the parts list had me looking for 19 pieces of 2mm x 5mm x 72mm. It took some time to realise that the meant cut that no from the supplied wood.

After that initial hurdle, I GOT the instructions. I guess the AMATI instructions with the stagecoach were what I was expecting.



Additionally the Ply supplied for the bodywork is very thin and in a couple of instances split/ peeled when being cut. I could have been a but heavy handed I guess



DSC01503.jpgMy Workbench kit in the background.

DSC01506.jpgDSC01507.jpg

Sanding it up and pinning the firebox. .

DSC01508.jpgDSC01509.jpgDSC01511.jpgDSC01512.jpgDSC01515.jpgDSC01518.jpg

All painted and assembled The brass fittings had to be shaped & cut from coil of wire. Straightend in hobby vice.

DSC01519.jpg

Base unit completed and all parts added.

DSC01521.jpgDSC01522.jpgDSC01525.jpg



Thats it for the first week. Initial impressions, Metal work needed cleaning up. More refining of parts than Amati Kit. ( Guess I was spoilt for first Kit )

Lots of fun so far. Just wish it was a bit Bigger.



I also just purchased a Gear Clock kit from Major Geeks for $59 US after a $10 vouched as sent to me for just looking on the previous night.

That should be interesting.

See you next time.



Paul V


Attached Images






0 commentaires:

Enregistrer un commentaire

 

Lorem

Ipsum

Dolor