Cats AFL Quilt

samedi 28 mars 2015

Hi everyone,



My name is Cathie, I am into quilting - self taught over about 10 years. My husband Keith is into woodworking on the Toymaking Section.



I am making a Geelong Cats - AFL Quilt. I contacted the Geelong Football Club to ensure I was allowed to make a facsimile of their logo. They said it was OK - so long as it wasn't sold.



We print out a logo off the internet and then Keith hand draws it up to scale by making up a grid pattern. This is enlarged to the size I want. This then becomes my pattern.



I use wooden or cardboard letters as my wording templates - depending on size. I have cheated a bit by buying the whole alphabet letters from Bunnings on the smaller size.



I use sheets to save on cost, but they must be minimum 250 thread count and must be cotton.



I place vliesofix on the back of the material so you don't need pins. I machine sew - not hand sew.



Will continue posting as I progress



Bye Now



Cathie



IMG_0776.jpgIMG_0773.jpgIMG_0778.jpgIMG_0774.jpgIMG_0775.jpg


Attached Images






0 commentaires:

Enregistrer un commentaire

 

Lorem

Ipsum

Dolor