Please Help

mardi 31 mars 2015

BROTHER JOHN PATRICK O'ROURKE



SOUTHEASTERN AREA RESCUE MISSION



OF MELBOURNE





Dear Friend:



Perhaps you have heard of me and my work on a nationwide basis in the cause of Temperance. Each Winter for the past fourteen years, I have made a tour of Victoria, New South Wales and South Australia, and have delivered a series of lectures on the evils of drinking. On these tours, I have been accompanied by my young friend, I.O. Silver. I.O., a former Loan Arranger, and a young man of good family and excellent background, was a pathetic example of a life ruined by excessive indulgence in whiskey and women of questionable character.



I.O. would appear with me at the lectures and sit on the platform in his rumpled white suit, wheezing and staring at the audience through his bleary bloodshot eyes, sweating profusely, picking his nose, passing gas, and making obscene gestures at the audience, while I would point him out as an example of what over-indulgence can do to a person.



Last year, unfortunately, I.O. passed away. A mutual friend has given me your name, and I wonder if you would be available to take I.O.'s place on my 2015 Winter tour.



Thank you for your assistance.





Yours in Faith,

Brother John Patrick O'Rourke




0 commentaires:

Enregistrer un commentaire

 

Lorem

Ipsum

Dolor