Is a plasma cutter feature worth it?

lundi 30 mars 2015

Hi guys, by way of background, I'm about to self-learn stick welding strictly for home use. My first job is a learning project to build timber storage racks for my mancave/workshop. The substantive job (and the reason I'm learning to weld) will be to build 30m of deck railings (top & verticals) made of 10x60mm bar.



I'm thinking about buying my first welder from Token Welding but I'm fighting the desire to spend a bit more for extra features that I didn't know I wanted until the instant I read about them. Anyway, one of the features I'm having trouble eliminating is plasma cutting. For my deck project I had intended to get the posts pre-cut and pre-drilled, but it occurs to me that plasma cutting might make it practical to do that myself.



My question is, is home plasma cutting of 10mm bar precise, cost-effective and practical? Or does plasma leave rough slagged cuts?



Id also appreciate any recommendations on machines (not necessarily stick). My budget could be stretched to around $1000 but I also need to include mask, gloves and mag clamps.



Kind regards, stephen.




0 commentaires:

Enregistrer un commentaire

 

Lorem

Ipsum

Dolor