Timber grading

lundi 30 mars 2015

What seemed to be a simple choice, turned out to bee bit of a riddle.

I need to source some treated pine in 240x45 that will span 900mm on the side, for a walkway. The logical choice would be hardwood but the weight factor is more important than I had initially thought so I had to reluctantly change to pine.



My usual supplier of timber only carries MGP10 so I started to ring around for MGP12 in H3 with little or no success. I rung up a timber mill that allegedly produces MGP12 in H3 and they pointed me to one of their retailers.



Over the phone they told me, yes no problem we do have MGP12 in H3. Yet it was a lie. What they have is F7 and he assured me "his" F7 is better than MGP10.

Now a search proved not very helpful in this regard.

I found tables that state F7 is better and others that MGP10 is better. I would happily pay for MGP12 H3 if I could find it.

Any ideas?




0 commentaires:

Enregistrer un commentaire

 

Lorem

Ipsum

Dolor