Where Do You Buy Small Quantities of High Pressure Laminate Sheet

dimanche 29 mars 2015

Greetings,



I'm just starting to put together some plans for a few items of workshop furniture (storage cabinets, light duty work benches, router table, and a few other bits and pieces. I would like to use a high pressure laminate sheet (glued onto a thick MDF substrate) for the router table surface, and the surface of the light duty workbenches.



But, I've run into a brick wall when it comes to finding a supplier who will sell me the laminate sheet material. The usual DIY suppliers such as Bunnings and Masters don't sell it. There are quite a few trade suppliers for Laminex and similar products, but each one (five so far) that I've contacted say that they are trade suppliers only, and with one supplier specifically saying that they "do not sell to the DIY market". (Note when reading that quote, if you want to correctly emulate the stuck-up salesman who said it, you need to bung on a posh accent and practice turning your nose up when looking down at people.) One place offered to sell to me, but only on the basis that any order I placed had a minimum value of $1000 ex GST.



So - does anyone know where in Brisbane (or elsewhere in South East Queensland), I can buy small quantities (say one of two 2400 x 1200 sheets) of Laminex, Formica, or similar high pressure laminate products ?



Thanks,



Roy




0 commentaires:

Enregistrer un commentaire

 

Lorem

Ipsum

Dolor