Tidying up a 3ph star-> delta conversion

samedi 28 mars 2015

So I picked up a 3ph 2hp dust collector at auction. While I have 3ph in the shed, I really wanted to run this unit on 240V so I could locate it where I liked without having to get a sparky in to install a new 3ph socket.



When I bid on it, I kind of assumed the windings would be fully broken out in the terminal box. Turns out I was wrong, just 3 connections. Runs really nicely on3ph - clearly hasn't done much work, and I tossed up the pros and cons of leaving it running it on 3ph, but decided to have a look in the motor to see how hard it'd be to find the star point and bring the winding ends out to the terminal box.



To jump to the end, I found the star point, separated it, glued on some silicone wires, put some heatshrink over the joins and packed it back in. I've wrapped some nylon string around the windings to hold stuff in place, but am wondering what's the appropriate way to finish off the work - I can spray it with PCB lacquer, which I saw mentioned in another similar thread, but I also saw mention of high temp silicone.



I'm wondering what the key concerns are - is it just mechanically securing the wires for safety, or will the wires buzz if they're not fully gooped in place?




0 commentaires:

Enregistrer un commentaire

 

Lorem

Ipsum

Dolor