My 3hp Dust Extractor

lundi 30 mars 2015

I've got the extractor, and just need some time to install some ducting and get everything up and running. I took some pictures as I assembled it, but it's so simple it's hardly worth posting them. Being single, I'm allowed to assemble stuff like this in the lounge, and the only funny looks I get are from the dog.

IMG_1095.jpg



This is the inlet, with the 160mm coupling on it. You can see the grate and reduction in diameter, which drops the area from a nominal 200 square cm down to 102 square cm. That will need an angle grinder to open it up to the full diameter. The outlet is 150mmx120mm, with an area of 180 square cm (and rectangular), so I suspect that will become the limiting factor once I open up the inlet.

IMG_1097.jpg



The couplings. The bends aren't ideal, basically being angled, and it took me a few hours to smooth over the joints on the inside, where they were very jagged and had large overlaps. They're all 160mm stormwater piping and what they lack in sophistication, they make up for by being the cheapest I could get. I may start to replace them if the sharpness of the corners is an issue, but I suspect with 160mm pipe all the way through, that the inlet on the extractor is the main limiting factor here.

IMG_1071.jpg



The coupling I plan to use as a bell mouth to suck dust from the lathe.

IMG_1091.jpg



I just wish I had access to instruments to test airflow so that I could quantify any improvements, without which, anything I do is for my own benefit only, and can't easily be shared with the community.



I'll post pics of the ducting as and when I manage to install it. Don't hold your breath, while I'm hoping it's this weekend, things have a way of getting delayed...


Attached Images






0 commentaires:

Enregistrer un commentaire

 

Lorem

Ipsum

Dolor