Penny Leaf Bowl

mardi 31 mars 2015

Whilst at the BBQ I held at Tooradin (see http://ift.tt/1FIGaPb) I did some turning of a decent chunk of Penny Leaf (Dalbergia sissoo), also known as Indian Rosewood I got from MkyTurner (Troy) last time I was in Mackay . It was finally finished today and wow the photos just can't do justice to this timber. It is browns and yellows, but the yellows are translucent giving an amazing chatoyance to the grain. It also had holes and a huge bark inclusion that I filled with brass powder. The bowl is sanded to 600 before applying a nitrocellulose satin lacquer finish. About 500mmd dia x 150mm deep.

bowl.jpg bowl top.jpg bowl base.jpg



bowl profile.jpg bowl detail.jpg



There is a line that looks like a scratch on the bottom (top left) but is actually a small translucent yellow line cutting across the other grain. I've never seen anything like this, and did a fair bit of sanding before I realised it was in the wood :rolleyes:



Now a gift to Julie sitting on the dinning table looking so fine :cool:


Attached Images






0 commentaires:

Enregistrer un commentaire

 

Lorem

Ipsum

Dolor