Progress No 2G Drill Press

samedi 16 janvier 2016

Hi all,

I'm not sure if it's just me who does this (so excuse my strangeness if it is), but if I am going somewhere I wouldn't normally go (and taking the ute), I will do a bit of a search first (for sale sites), to perhaps stop in and break up the trip.

Doing a radius search last night (had a trip today), I found for sale "Home & Garden" in the "Home & Garden" category. It was a drill press (pretty sure no one was going to find this searching for drill press ), but what caught my eye was it had a keyless chuck (this is something I can use). I arranged to meet him, but in the end, the only certainty was the chuck, there was too many unknowns (the guy did not have 3 phase power to test the machine). If I was going to buy it, I wanted to take the keyless chuck and then flip the drill press again without doing any restorations. I was going to walk away, but in the end, he really just wanted it gone, so we made a deal. I think if I didn't take it, it was going to get scrapped.

Here are a few pictures (really bad pictures, I will get some more soon).







It is a Progress No.2G, not a drill press I am familiar with, and it looks to have a gear lever for 2 speeds giving a range from 47RPM to 2480RPM.

It's English made, and seems to be well built, not sure if the 2 speed gearbox is going to be a good thing or it's Achilles heal.

Has anyone used one of these, seen one, have an opinion on the brand, or any history of the company. The lowest drill speed I have at the moment is 150RPM, so if it's a quality drill press, and a viable restore, I will keep it and put the effort into restoring it.

Like I said, at this stage I have no idea on condition, but a promising sign is the fact that the table does not seem to have any drill holes in it.

Cheers,

Camo


Progress No 2G Drill Press

0 commentaires:

Enregistrer un commentaire

 

Lorem

Ipsum

Dolor