Tool Holder for HBM

lundi 18 janvier 2016

A while ago I purchased a Kearns Horizontal Boring Mill , this machine only came with a bare facing chuck , ie NO tooling .

I have made a toolholder to mount onto the facing chuck , now I am completing the adaptor to be able to use Cat30, NMTB30 ,ISO30 tool holders as I have a few of them .
I have also purchased some used (and abused) morse taper adaptors from various sellers.

The machine is working ok apart from the DRO deciding to go to sleep and not restart, (power surge???).

Now that It is operational ,I have completed a few small jobs and am very satisfied with it .

Now is the time to start making some items to make it easier to use , like electrical stops which will allow me to run other equipment without worrying about the possible loud crunchy noise when a tool hits the bottom of a part or worse the table hits either end of its travel and tries to keep on moving .

I have seen on some of the Utube sites of machine rebuilds , a type of clutch which releases if a part binds or becomes stuck on a machine .

My question to the knowledge base here is are those clutches difficult to make?

Michael


Read the full thread at metalworkforums.com...


Tool Holder for HBM

0 commentaires:

Enregistrer un commentaire

 

Lorem

Ipsum

Dolor