Shed door ideas

dimanche 17 janvier 2016

Hi everyone,

I've got a bit of a decision to make about some doors for my shed and would appreciate some advice.

Just bought a house with an older 6x9 shed on a slab, and been given the blessing to turn it into a workshop by SWMBO. Previous owners already lined it, so that's a bit of a timesaver. Two of the bays have rollerdoors, which I will keep. The third bay just has a framed up opening, but no door or doorframe at the moment. The back and sides of the shed are clad in colorbond, the front (where the doors are) is clad in weatherboards.

I need to get a door installed pretty quick as I don't really want to move all the tools in there and leave them there with no door to keep dodgy characters out!

The door opening seems to be a bit of a weird size to me - 1635mm wide x 2190mm high. Not sure what the previous owner intended to put in there, but seems like it's too wide for any 'off-the-shelf' single door and too narrow for a standard sliding glass door. I was hoping to avoid having to make something custom if possible.

I'd prefer a conventional exterior door in terms of look rather than a more rustic barn door. I basically want it to be nice and solid, able to install a deadlock, keep the weather out etc.

So far I've had two ideas about how to do things:

1. Trim a bit off two standard 820mm entrance doors, rebate them and install as double doors. I guess I'd need to trim up to 70mm off each door.
2. Get a standard 1200mm entrance door and build some kind of sidelight thing to fill up the rest of the 1635mm opening (like this: http://ift.tt/1OqOmqO)

I don't have much experience when it comes to carpentry so I'm very open to ideas and suggestions from more experienced shed builders! Looking to keep cost down, but willing to do what needs to be done! :) Any advice or ideas appreciated!

Thanks!


Shed door ideas

0 commentaires:

Enregistrer un commentaire

 

Lorem

Ipsum

Dolor