Small drill Sharpener !

lundi 18 janvier 2016

Hi Guys,

Not been around much lately. However I have managed to get into the workshop. One of the things that I found on the net some time ago was this drawing by N G Heppenstall.

Small-Drill-Sharpener.jpg

So I decided to make one. Whilst I didn't follow his design exactly, it turned out quite nicely.

13-01-2016-001.jpg

The little bit of bent alloy sheet on the right, is a shim that I made so that drills as small as 0.5 mm could be accommodated in the jig. I decided that instead of trying to mill a 1/32" inch groove down the end piece it would be easier to just drill a 1 mm hole right through the joint. Of course after doing that realised that the smallest drill I could accommodate was anything larger than 1 mm.

13-01-2016-014.jpg

This is a family picture of the parts used. The bolt is made from 313 stainless steel bar originally 20 mm diameter and turned down to a size of 16 mm with a body section of 9.5 mm diameter with a 3/4" long threaded section of M7. The thumb screw is also made from the same bit of stainless bar and knurled.

13-01-2016-006.jpg

I turned and drilled the body in the four jaw after squaring it up on the mill. I made the thumb screw and bolt first thus ensuring that it was a good fit. I used a dremal in a tool post holder to drill the two holes for the 2.5 mm stainless steel pins, these were then loktited in place after parting off the end 6 mm of the body.

13-01-2016-012.jpg

The cross hole was drilled right through both the body and the bolt. The bolt then drilled out to 4 mm on the mill using a 1 mm drill to align the hole with the mill chuck.

13-01-2016-008.jpg

Then using the parts that I had made I fastened everything together and milled the 1/8 flat off one corner, making sure that I chose the right one :)

Now having made this little tool and discovered that there are no instructions or notes on how to use it :no: Could some kind soul explain how.

Thanks.
Attached Images




Read the full thread at metalworkforums.com...


Small drill Sharpener !

0 commentaires:

Enregistrer un commentaire

 

Lorem

Ipsum

Dolor