More Falcon planes

mardi 19 janvier 2016

I have 2 Falcon planes, 1 I use and 1 that needs restoration.

The Block plane was the first one I bought and that was only because it was cheap and looked tunable. I was on holiday and wandered into a second hand shop only to find a number of old tools in various conditions. I had never heard of Falcon at the time but wanted a block plane so took a risk - it cleaned up well and is now one of my favourite tools.

P1030075 [1024x768].JPGP1030078 [1024x768].JPGP1030077 [1024x768].JPG

The other is 9" long and as far as I can tell would be classed as a number 4 smoother - is this correct? I can't remember for sure where it came from but I think it was a local second hand shop. It needs cleaning up and the lever cap plating is flaking off.

Can anyone offer advice on having the lever cap replated? Is there anything special about the part or the plating that I should know before having it done?

Also can anyone recommend a method for cleaning this plane? I'm worried about causing damage.
Attached Images


More Falcon planes

0 commentaires:

Enregistrer un commentaire

 

Lorem

Ipsum

Dolor