Flattening a bowed / warped kauri pine benchtop

samedi 16 janvier 2016

Hi all,

I have a large kauri bench (2700mm x 950mm x 36mm) that I'm just about to install as a kitchen island bench (no sink).

It's been sitting in our spare bedroom for 5 years waiting to do our kitchen reno, and until yesterday it was perfectly flat. I took it outside yesterday to get a good look at it, measure it's thickness, etc, to plan the install. It was sitting out in the sun for about 4 hours, and horror of horrors it bowed in the sun. Dammit! It bowed across it's width, about 6mm on the concave side across the 950mm width

So I'm just looking for advice about what to do now. Did it just dry out and it will flatten once it hits equilibrium again? Or do I need to intervene? I need to keep as much thickness as possible so I really do not want to machine it down. It looks like it was well sealed on the top/concave side, and cursorily sealed on the bottom/convex side.

Please help! Much appreciated.


Flattening a bowed / warped kauri pine benchtop

0 commentaires:

Enregistrer un commentaire

 

Lorem

Ipsum

Dolor