Petrol tank

mercredi 24 septembre 2014

Hello everyone



I'm after some advice about a small project I'd like to complete, please. I needed a new letterbox and my wife wanted something different than what you'd typically pick up in a hardware store. I bought a nice old petrol tank on ebay with the idea of converting it into a letterbox. I've attached some photos.



What do you think would be the best way to neatly cut the slot in one end, and also the entire other end so that it can open on hinges? Also, I don't want anyone scratching themselves, so should I crimp something along the exposed edges? I was thinking lead. Any ideas? I just want to maintain the look of the tank.



Thanks in advance for any advice / suggestions.



Regards



Paul


Attached Images






0 commentaires:

Enregistrer un commentaire

 

Lorem

Ipsum

Dolor