Which bit for cutting router insert hole

mardi 30 septembre 2014

Hi,



I'm pretty new to using the router (I've got a 3600BR). I've got a router table (3/4" MDF), and am trying to cut an insert hole for it.



I don't have many bits yet (and yes, I have plans to buy a good quality 1/2" set soon), but decided to pick an 1/4" el cheapo (Aldi) 6mm straight bit for the job that I had lying around. It pretty much snapped straight away.



What I'm not sure about is why it snapped. Would I get the same result with a 1/2" good quality 6mm straight bit? Is this kind of bit completely wrong for

the job (I can't see why it would be)? I'm hoping I can use another 6mm bit for the job as I have my template all perfectly aligned for it.



Thanks.




0 commentaires:

Enregistrer un commentaire

 

Lorem

Ipsum

Dolor