Candle Holder

lundi 29 septembre 2014

This is a piece of Camphor Laurel that I picked up from one of the members of the forum.



Originally still had the bark and thought that I might be able to keep it some of it. As you can tell it was not the case. So all of it came off and the sanding started after making sure that both ends were parallel to each other. I sanded a little longer in some parts to reveal the grain like a wave. The knot fell out and so I filled it with resin. The first time produced so much bubbles it was worst than swiss cheese. The second attempt was better. I mixed in some rust coloured powered in the resin.



I attached the base because it was tipping once it gets to a certain position. I tried to add weight to the bottom but all that did was give it a few more degrees before it went over. So I attached the base from another log, no idea what and left that a little rough. Finished with three coats of wipe on poly.



What do you guys think?



P1010504.JPG P1010507.JPG P1010506.JPG P1010508.JPG


Attached Images






0 commentaires:

Enregistrer un commentaire

 

Lorem

Ipsum

Dolor