Maing a handle for a scythe

dimanche 28 septembre 2014

Hi there!

I have a garden enclosure with several veggie boxes and many fruit trees, enclosure mandatory due to cookies.

To cut the weeds from time to time I use a whipper snipper but the noise and the small space to move made me think in buying an old fashion scythe.



I looked up on ebay and all I could find was relics to hang on a wall not to be used so I bought a new one imported from Austria and hand forged. Wow! yet to receive it in the mail.

http://ift.tt/1qL8rsz



When the tool itself was reasonably priced, the handle is a bit of a rip off so I decided to make it myself. Considering I have made a few when I was ... hum ... 15 or so, I should be successful in making one now. The reason for this long winded introduction is to ask you guys where can I find Hickory in Sydney to make this handle or if not Hickory what would you suggest.




0 commentaires:

Enregistrer un commentaire

 

Lorem

Ipsum

Dolor