Oils vs Wax

lundi 29 septembre 2014

Hi all,

I have tried searching for an answer to this, both here and on the web generally but searching 'oil vs wax finish' hasn't given me the answer I was looking for.

Can someone explain, as a bit of a backgrounder, the use of oils vs waxes and when one might be used instead of another, or when both might be used?

I generally only do furniture restoration, which mostly means stripping old shellac off, fixing any structural issues and then re-finishing.

I don't like glossy/wet look finishes and so usually finish with ~4 coats of Feast Watson Floor Sealer (which is essentially tung oil plus some other stuff).

My question is more academic than anything though I'm close to re-finishing an art deco sideboard which was shellacked.



Thanks,



2sharp




0 commentaires:

Enregistrer un commentaire

 

Lorem

Ipsum

Dolor