Dish With A Plug

lundi 29 septembre 2014

Yeah I know the pun on words for the heading is a little over the top. :U



I was told that this was a piece of Tasmania Oak. It was laying around the garage with a hole in it. I used it originally for something else and this had become scrap. So i put it on the lathe to try and turn a dish out of it mounted in the screw chuck. I turned a tenon and mounted it in the chuck to finish off the inside. I drilled out a larger hole and then took it off the lathe. I mounted a piece of scrap wood to turn my own dowel. The fit was tight as what you would normally want then I thought that I could highlight the down with a bit of dyed epoxy. I sanded the hole at the top lip a little wider, so the dowel was tight in the bottom half of the hole and a loose fit at the top.



I think I should have made it a little wider as it is not really seen that much unless you get really close. :dunno:



All comments and criticism welcome and that INCLUDES PUNS.



P1010510.JPG P1010512.JPG P1010509.JPG


Attached Images






0 commentaires:

Enregistrer un commentaire

 

Lorem

Ipsum

Dolor