Thiel Duplex 158 Mill - oil info

mardi 30 septembre 2014

An engineer friend of mine has a Thiel Duplex 158 mill which he is doing a bit of repair/rebuild to.

He's been doing a bit of research on oils for it and has given me permission to put that info up here in case it might be of use to someone else.

regards bollie7




from Glenn
I plan to get my mill going againsoon as I had to buy the right lube oil. I found out that many of the modern oils have additives that attackbronze bushes and my mill has a few of these in the gearbox and also the mainhorizontal spindle. I found a very helpful guy at the Mobil distributor and hewas able to recommend the right oils for the machine. Now I just have to getthe oils out of the 20l drums and into the mill.


The oils I bought are asfollows:



Mobil DTE Oil Heavy – This isused to lubricate the slides and lead screws.



Mobil Velocite 10 – This is usedfor the main spindle bearings which are bronze bushes.



Mobil DTE Oil Medium – This isused to lubricate the gearboxes and vertical spindle unit. The vertical spindlehas all ball bearings, a bevel gear set and a spur gear set. The verticalspindle unit has no seals so it has to be oiled frequently. The oil goes in thetop and runs out around the spindle itself. I don’t know what frequently meansin this context so I’ll be lubing every half hour or so during use.



The smallest size container theoils come in is a 20 litre.





The main oils to avoid withplain bearings are those containing extreme pressure additives. Diff oils are aparticular lube to avoid.


Hope the above is useful?









0 commentaires:

Enregistrer un commentaire

 

Lorem

Ipsum

Dolor