Dovetail alignment jig

samedi 27 septembre 2014

I was watching Woodworking Masterclass. Steve Hay mentioned a dovetail alignment jig, an I idea he got form an English woodworker. Anyway it looked like a good idea some I grabbed a bit of scrap pine and made one.



The thing works fine. Obviously it is not essential. I made the dovetails without the jig but now I have it it does make lining up the boards for marking out the pins easier.



Also recently I had been using a block, clamped to the shoulder line to guide the chisel so as to get nice clean shoulders. It was suggested that I would be better off simply using a marking knife or cutting gauge to cut the shoulder line then undercutting the shoulders with a chisel, before cleaning out the waste and so it is. Pine is not the most user friendly timber for joinery but these turned out okay.



The jig is fun and easy to make and works.


Attached Images






0 commentaires:

Enregistrer un commentaire

 

Lorem

Ipsum

Dolor