Willy's new Workshop

samedi 27 septembre 2014

Good Morning Ladies and Gentlemen



I am an avid wood turner and freeform burl carver, but also dabble in other areas of wood working, plus I have a number of other interests.



My current workshop dimensions are approximately 2.5 meters x 4-5 meters. Within this meagre space, I currently operate

1. A large Durden Top turn 400, the work horse

2. A Jet VSD mini lathe for pens

3. A 18 inch Jet bandsaw

4. 2 Bench grinders

5 6 Angle grinders, 3 sanding drills and other power tools

5. A couple of reasonably large wood racks and an assortment of bits and bobs.

As you can imagine, there is no SPARE room. I need to expand.



I found a house in Secret Harbour, WA with a land mass of 2300 sq meters. The block is divided into two distinct areas, the house block with an 11 meter pool and double garage, approx 800 sq meters.



Accessed via a battleaxe like arrangement is the large block at the back. The is a 2.5 meter drop down to the 1500 sq meter bare block. Other than a couple of trees, it is vacant, oh, plus years of vegetation, branches and detritus.



Long story short, I am renting the house out at the moment, but I now have Council approval to begin Willy's Workshop. Yaaaaaaaaaayy



The vacant block is designed as a noise abatement area, with a certain % which is allowed to be developed. I am maximising the area I can use. The work shop will be on a 100 mm concrete slab with reo mesh and will be 20 x 8 meters along the back fence. It will be a brick structure with a tin roof.



First step, it all needs to be slashed and cleaned up. The photos are taken from above, on the house block. What can be seen is two large Tuart trees, some smaller casuarinas and heap of long grass which is concealing 6 very large logs, full of termites. I have a plan for this.



Thanks

Willy


Attached Images






0 commentaires:

Enregistrer un commentaire

 

Lorem

Ipsum

Dolor