maple slab table with steam stains

dimanche 28 septembre 2014

I have a timber slab table (flitch) which seats eight (chairs also "flitch")- it has steam-stains as a result of my niece using the table for ironing large curtains on it.



I have tried using Howard "Restore-a Finish" (Golden Oak) applied with fine steel wool as directed but no improvement. The table was originally purchased from Griffith



Tablecraft NSW but they are no longer in business to ask for advice. I have considered having the table professionally sanded but wonder whether this would be successful or a waste



of $ - ie how deeply has the steam penetrated ? I am downsizing to a smaller home and the table is too big so wish to sell it - any restoration ideas forum members?




0 commentaires:

Enregistrer un commentaire

 

Lorem

Ipsum

Dolor