On floor duct for combination machine?

lundi 29 septembre 2014

Dear all



I would like to pick your brains.



An embarrassingly long time ago I made up a cyclone to Bill Pentz's plans and sorted out a fan that I hope will do the job, see

http://ift.tt/10dC9S3



Since then I have had done a major repair and reorganization of my shed and have finally installed the cyclone and got the machinery into what I hope will be their long term positions, nothing is ever permanent.



2014-09-28 12.30.38.jpg



This is the cyclone, that is a 5hp 3ph motor sitting up there. I am making a muffler/ outlet to take the exhaust 1200mm to the right and then out through the wall. This is the larger diameter (20inch) lower resistance cyclone which makes it quite tall and as you can see it uses every bit of height in a 10' shed.



2014-09-28 12.29.23.jpg



This is the layout of my woodworking machinery, I have tried to keep it compact to keep the duct lengths down, its 4.5m from the cyclone inlet to the router table just visible on the right. I think that with this compact layout I am just with in Bill's specs for a 'single car' garage.



I am now working out the ducting plan. I will use 150mm stormwater pipe and will have to get into several of the machines with an angle grinder to enlarge the ports. I have been doing lots of reading and I think that I can see how to lay it out - the bit that I am least sure about is how to connect to the Robland combination machine that is sitting in the middle of the floor?



This machine needs access on all sides and I can see two possible ways of getting the duct to it. The first it to bring a duct down above the hinge for the outfeed table for the jointer, I think that I could make this work but it would be a pain. The other way is to take the duct across the floor, its app 800mm.



2014-09-28 16.01.55.jpg



I don't want a 150mm pipe across that gap and so have been thinking of making up a rectangular section floor duct with tapered sides to minimize the tripping hazzard. This is a sketch of what I have in mind, sorry that it has come out on its ear! The material list reflects stuff that I have around. The internal size, 240 x 75 mm gives a cross section that is slightly larger that 150mm pipe. If I make this I know that I would have to do a decent job of the connections at either end, I could angle the pipes in at 45deg and make proper transitions. I think that I would also want an IP so that I can check it and clear it at need.



2014-09-29 19.27.35.jpg



What do people think? Has anyone done something like this? Any alternative suggestions for ducting the Robland?



Any or all comments and suggestions very welcome.



Regards



Ian



2014-09-28 12.30.38.jpg2014-09-28 12.29.23.jpg2014-09-28 16.01.55.jpg2014-09-29 19.27.35.jpg


Attached Images






0 commentaires:

Enregistrer un commentaire

 

Lorem

Ipsum

Dolor