Advice / Recommendation on finishing recycled jarrah

samedi 27 septembre 2014

Gday guys,



I'm after some advice on what finish to use on some recycled jarrah I'm using in a new house I'm building. I have a lot of surfaces that need coating, these range from 200 x 200 posts and beams (internal), 200 x 100 exposed king post trusses, laminated 100 x 50 recycled jarrah joists to form 300 x 40 stair treads, as well as around 150 square metres of recycled floor boards, and about 40 square metres of deck outside, which will butt up to the floor inside.



So I have a lot to finish. All the timber is curently bare, sanded ready to be coated.



Heres what I'm looking for,



- I dont want to darken the timber too much, want to try and retain as much reddness as I can.



- Dont want a high gloss shiney finish



- Dont want it to 'yellow' over time



- Dont want too many different types of finishes



- would like the inside floor boards to have a similar finish to the deck outside, as bi-fold doors open out to this (deck is under main roof, so would get

minimal sun / rain on it)





I have sampled some Cabots Danish oil, which I was thinking of using for the posts & beams, and Feast Watson Tung oil for the floors / stair treads (not sure if this is going to be too dark)



Am I heading in the right direction or is there something better out there?



I plan on living in this place for a long time so I want to get it right the 1st time.



Regards



Simon.




0 commentaires:

Enregistrer un commentaire

 

Lorem

Ipsum

Dolor