My Latest Commission - Banksia Modified Churchill

mercredi 24 septembre 2014

Here is my latest commission, an Australian Coastal Banksia (Banksia integrifolia) pod on a modified Black Titanium modified Churchill with each seed hole filled individually with flouro glitter and thin CA, with a thick CA finish (to help magnify the sparkle). Just to make it a bit more special, I also included banksia finials on the main body and the cap. I also removed the majority of the black rings at the base of the cap, which means the silver ring on the main body is visible when the cap is on, bit I thought Ok as it gives 3 silver rings and 2 black rings when closed. I also used a modified black ring on the finial to break up the bling :rolleyes:. I deliberately made the pen slightly longer as I consider the kit normally a bit short.





new open.jpg new closed1.jpg new closed2.jpg





Below is a shot of the pen with a normal Churchill kit I made years ago with some nice Buckeye Burl (slightly oversized relative to bushes) so you can see the differences in kit.





new and old.jpg





Hope you like it.





Cheers


Attached Images






0 commentaires:

Enregistrer un commentaire

 

Lorem

Ipsum

Dolor