Plywood question for cabinet making

lundi 22 septembre 2014

I am new at cabinet making. I plan to make a whole bunch of kitchen cabinets using plywood. There seems to be a bunch of different types of plywood out there. I understand the Birch plywood is often used to make cabinets. When I started shopping around for prices, I noticed that Bunnings sell AA grade Marine plywood substantially cheaper than some BC grade Birchwood plywood I found else where. Seems very odd that BC grade plywood would be more expensive than AA grade. The AA grade Marine plywood at Bunnings looks and feels great. I was wondering if I could use it to make cabinets and drawers?



Can someone explain the differences among the following plys?

- Hoop pine

- Hardwood ply

- Marine ply

- Structural ply



Last, could someone recommend a plywood supplier in Melbourne (west).



Thanks.




0 commentaires:

Enregistrer un commentaire

 

Lorem

Ipsum

Dolor