Oil Finish and Tassie Blackwood

lundi 22 septembre 2014

I've had this happen a couple of times now.



I am a big fan of oil finish. I occasionally use other stuff but for the most part I use a pre-bottled tun oil mixture, the name and brand of which I am happy to disclose via PM but would rather not mention in an open forum.



I use Blackwood a lot for various things, typically sanded to 400 or 600 grit. I've noticed that some of the time after applying the first coat of oil, I have to continue wiping te excess for a really long time as it appears to be sweating (best word I can think of) out the oil from the pores in the grain for a considerable amount of time following application. I actually failed to notice it the first time it happened and I had to resand that piece. It basically dries in a really unsightly, random way and looks, quite frankly, like [expletive].



any idea what is happening and what I can do to fix it?




0 commentaires:

Enregistrer un commentaire

 

Lorem

Ipsum

Dolor