Help me get to know my new (old) Waldown drill press

lundi 22 septembre 2014

Hi there,

I just bought a second hand Waldown "type 8sn series III" drill press in pretty worn condition, and I'm just wondering if anyone can give me any info on it?

If if anyone has answers to any of the following questions, that'd be great:



- Are there any service/owners manuals etc. still available for it? I don't have a lot of experience with drill presses, and this is a whole lot more machine than my tired old Ryobi...



- Can replacement parts still be bought? I'm not sure if I need anything yet, but the spindle is a bit sloppy, so perhaps something might need replacing down the track. Or do I just need to tighten the big hex bolt on the front? (It already feels quite tight)



And a couple of questions that go with pictures:



- How can the chuck be removed? There doesn't seem to be a slot for inserting one of those wedge-shaped removal tools. Does it just need a tap with a mallet?







Does the column sticking up here indicate that the whole motor/head assembly could be raised up a lot taller?





What's this rusty old collar thing with the measurement scale all about, and should it be spinning freely (which it is) or fixed?









Cheers

Will




0 commentaires:

Enregistrer un commentaire

 

Lorem

Ipsum

Dolor