Looking at build a small VFD controlled motor (about 1 - 1.5HP). I have read through a number of the VFD posts but a lot are from the CNC guys who are more focused on high speed spindles rather than motors so I am hoping someone can help me out with a few questions.
1. Has anyone purchased a VFD / motor combination that they would recommend? I have looked at eBay and there are plenty of low cost systems (around $150 each for the VFD and motor) but I am unsure of the quality.
2. I have read that it is generally better to buy a bigger VFD than the motor - is this the general view? How much bigger should I go?
3. What are people doing to improve cooling at low speeds? I have seen a few examples where people have added computer fans to assist with cooling.
4. What is the frequency range you can practically get out of a VFD? It seems that you can't go much lower than 20 - 30 Hz but you get go much higher (200Hz plus)?
Thanks,
Grant
1. Has anyone purchased a VFD / motor combination that they would recommend? I have looked at eBay and there are plenty of low cost systems (around $150 each for the VFD and motor) but I am unsure of the quality.
2. I have read that it is generally better to buy a bigger VFD than the motor - is this the general view? How much bigger should I go?
3. What are people doing to improve cooling at low speeds? I have seen a few examples where people have added computer fans to assist with cooling.
4. What is the frequency range you can practically get out of a VFD? It seems that you can't go much lower than 20 - 30 Hz but you get go much higher (200Hz plus)?
Thanks,
Grant
0 commentaires:
Enregistrer un commentaire