table saw, circular saw into table saw or get it cut in bunnings?

jeudi 25 septembre 2014

G'day,



Welcome every one. I'm new to this forum and woodworking. I've done some stuff from wood: few little tables and a slanted CD case holding around 500 CDs. All done using hand saw, jig saw, screws nails, and brackets. I've also build a small rock climbing wall at my backyard. I've never done any joint or routing. I have now cheap drill, cordless drill, press drill, jig saw and circular saw and few other bits and pieces. I recently bought a router and intend to build a table for it.



Ok. to the point. I seek some advice about table saws. I would like to make some furniture. I've gone through a lot of posts here, read reviews in Australia and overseas. It looks like all the cheap table saw are capable to cut wood, but far away from being accurate for making furniture.

I would like to hear your opinion about buying a cheap table saw like ozito or similar and replace the whole table with a one made by myself with proper mitre slots and fence. All cheap saws I saw have a pathetic fences and so much play that it would be hard to achieve anything better than with circular saw.

I've also seen some projects on youtube, good and bad, about turning circular saw into table saw. I'm not sure how safe and accurate they come out though.

I don't have the budget to buy any half decent saw. I was considering to get scheppach HS120 ($400) but there are no reviews from Australia. Overseas reviews rate it as just a cheap saw, good for general cutting, nothing special.

Have anyone seen or used one? I don't want to spend $400 and have something which be suitable for making furniture. On the other hand I've heard similar opinions about makita MLT100 for about $530.



Living in Canberra also limits buying any second hand saws. None for sale.





Other option is to get the supplier to cut timber to size I need. I don't know how accurate cuts I would get from bunnings? Any thoughts?



Thanks



Kris




0 commentaires:

Enregistrer un commentaire

 

Lorem

Ipsum

Dolor