Some shaving brushes i made. [img][/img]

lundi 22 septembre 2014

I was showing the other brush i made to a buddy of mine, and he asked me to make him one.



So here i am again, I have to apologize for the lack of progress photos on this one. Just like last time, i started out with the cherry wood blank (it's actually a piece of the one i cut last time)



The reason i don't have many progress photos for this one, is because i was able to knock this one out in one day (thanks to my black & decker RTX).



after rough sanding.





After sanding with 80, 120, 150, 220, 400.





I don't have a drill press, so i use a drill guide to make the holes.





after sanding with 600, 1200, 2000 grit paper. Gives it a bit of a shine, now it's ready for the finish/varnish.





I'm also making a stand for that brush. Started with a block of osage orange (i like to say it osagi, like miyagi). Sounds way cooler that way.



I've only worked with pine, cherry and this one so far. So i don't really have much experience in many different types, but osage orange is definitely solid. Cutting out that part in the middle with the jigsaw was not fun, either was sanding it. I have made most of the stands (for myself and other people) out of pine, and it's very easy to cut, shape and sand. Osage is definitely not the easiest to work with.



After rough sanding.





i cut out the corners, because i thought the square look was a bit bulky looking.





Brush after applying the marine spar finish





With the stand (also finished)









0 commentaires:

Enregistrer un commentaire

 

Lorem

Ipsum

Dolor