Lathe alignment question

lundi 22 septembre 2014

I ended up getting a secondhand Hafco AL-340A, yes it's chinese but has coolant, brake and work light plus some tooling and under $2k. Plan to use it for a while then upgrade to something better when the finances are right, I don't think I will lose out.



anyway, i'm in the process of levelling and aligning it and wanted to check i'm on the right path.



So far I have levelled it with a digital protractor and across the bed it's spot on at 0 deg both tail and head ends, along the bed the headstock end is slightly higher but this allows the coolant to drain back.



anyway, I'm in the process of aligning the headstock using rollies dad's method (known lathe alignment technique) using a 400mm length of 38mm hydraulic cylinder rod which ran out even in v blocks.



horizontally I have adjusted the headstock adjuster bolts so the near end gives +2/-2 thou and sliding to the end of the bar gives +10/-10 thou. I'm thinking this is correct as it gives 0/0 to the bed.



Is this right?



anyone got a proper test bar they want to lend?




0 commentaires:

Enregistrer un commentaire

 

Lorem

Ipsum

Dolor