Just bought myself a new stick welder and plan to have a crack at welding a suitable step up on my flat tray ute and possibly another tie down point or two. I have read the instruction manual start to finish and have done a very small amount of welding years ago at art school so am feeling slightly confident.
First question is.....If I am welding onto the steel ute tray, should I first disconnect the vehicles battery?.
Secondly, reading the instruction manual for the welder I was surprised to read that the item you are welding becomes an electric shock risk while you are welding it and you shouldn't touch any of the parts you are welding while your doing it. Sure don't remember getting told that at art school!. Perhaps there are only certain circumstances when this is the case? The manual didn't go into too much detail on this point. If anyone would care to clarify this point that would be great. For instance I would have thought you could hold a piece of metal in place with one hand while welding with the other. Providing of course the piece of metal was long enough to prevent you getting burnt. Or is that a stupid idea?
First question is.....If I am welding onto the steel ute tray, should I first disconnect the vehicles battery?.
Secondly, reading the instruction manual for the welder I was surprised to read that the item you are welding becomes an electric shock risk while you are welding it and you shouldn't touch any of the parts you are welding while your doing it. Sure don't remember getting told that at art school!. Perhaps there are only certain circumstances when this is the case? The manual didn't go into too much detail on this point. If anyone would care to clarify this point that would be great. For instance I would have thought you could hold a piece of metal in place with one hand while welding with the other. Providing of course the piece of metal was long enough to prevent you getting burnt. Or is that a stupid idea?
0 commentaires:
Enregistrer un commentaire