Variable Speed for Woodfast Lathe

vendredi 15 mai 2015

G'day all,

I have a Woodfast M910 wood turning lathe. It's about 25 years old having done very little work. I bought it new and used it for a few months for something different to do. It has been idle for quite a few years.

I now want to get back into wood turning as I'm about to have a large silky oak tree felled.

In the beginning, I didn't mind changing the speeds via the belt. It was a new toy and I enjoyed it.

These days some (most) wood lathes come with variable speed.

Anyhow, my question is: What is the best way to convert my lathe to have variable speed?

I have found a conversion kit for a Vicmarc 2 hp at a price of $1494.00. A bit pricey.

Then again, I have seen VFD's (Variable Frequency Drives) for around $160 AU. A 2 hp motor for about $150. That's a total of $310.

I hope some of you dedicated wood turners might enlighten me.

Cheers,


0 commentaires:

Enregistrer un commentaire

 

Lorem

Ipsum

Dolor