Tale of a Talysurf 10

samedi 30 mai 2015

Last weekend i went to a garage sale at a engine re builders that was closing down. I didn't think there would be much there I would be interested in, but as i walked in the door I saw a talysurf 10 on the bench. I had a chat to the owner and the said it worked but it needed a new stylus that was easy to replace. I had a quick look at it and thought it looked ok, so i made an offer and he accepted it.
IMG_0786 (800x600).jpgIMG_0787 (800x600).jpgIMG_0788 (800x600).jpg
It consists of 3 parts the readout in the first pic, the probe in the 2nd, which attaches to the traverse unit in the 3rd. The unit is for measuring surface profile which includes surface roughness and also larger deviations from flatness like waviness. I'll scan the pages out of the manual and post later, that will explain it better than i can. when i got it home i started playing with it and discovered that the stylus was actually broken:C. I thought that this model had an interchangeable stylus but it doesn't, its part or the whole reader head. Replacement cost $1000+:o. i Think i will try to glue the stylus back on. To be continued............
Attached Images


0 commentaires:

Enregistrer un commentaire

 

Lorem

Ipsum

Dolor