Pink gum?

jeudi 28 mai 2015

Hello.
Pic of two bits of timber. The one on the left I know to be Pink Gum the one on the right, I thought was Pink Gum but now I'm not so sure.
Both are freshly cut from very old, very dry logs. I have carved using the timber on the right and it is a fair bit softer than the other one. It goes a dark chocolate brown quite quickly when exposed after cutting. It is also feels quite waxy when planed.
It looks more red than the Pink Gum on the left but I thought Red Gum was harder not softer than Pink Gum which is what is confusing me
The second pic is the one on the right in the first pic, just after cutting the log and it is wet after a bit of rain.
Can anyone help identify the one on the right? thanks

gums 001.jpg

gum 001.jpg
Attached Images


0 commentaires:

Enregistrer un commentaire

 

Lorem

Ipsum

Dolor