perspex vrs lexan how to tell

jeudi 28 mai 2015

G'day All.
Though this is not directly metal related it is indirectly so I hope someone can help me. Mods -if you think this is unsuitable, my apologies and please do what you have to.
So - I have a small plastic case ( about 350L X 230 W X 60 D) from something that I intend to put some dividers in to use it to store some of my fastener assortment. I have what I thought was a piece of 3mm perspex which is a bit scratched so I thought "that will do for dividers" Went to break some strips off using the score both sides and snap method that has always worked in the past only to find that it wont break. Well I managed to break one bit off but it only followed the score for about half before heading of on its own.
So now I'm thinking it might be a lexan. (it as in the shed of my late FIL so I have no idea what it is)
Can anyone tell me an easy way to identify what it is (if thats possible)?
The reason I've started down this path in the first place is I have a number of old Champion Ruby tobacco cans that an old bloke gave me when I was an apprentice. I spotwelded the lids to the bottoms to end up with a stack all joined together. Great for small screws etc. That was fine 37 years ago, now though, I'm getting arthritus in my hands and found out tonight that they are getting a bit difficult to open. Time for a change I think.
I'll end up buying a few more plastic containers with dividers but they are not that cheap anymore when you start buying them in any quantity. Hence trying to use stuff I already had.

thanks
bollie7


0 commentaires:

Enregistrer un commentaire

 

Lorem

Ipsum

Dolor