Darkening QLD Maple

vendredi 29 mai 2015

Hello

I am sadly a very SLOW worker with wood... and have finally after over a year got to the point where I am doing the finishing of a table, built to match in style and timber a c1930 bureau and set of chairs we bought one holiday.

I got v stuck on the legs, which forum members helped me to recognise as 'spade foot' style, and I got connected with Miko (g'day) in Alice Springs who let me use his bandsaw, and it's all ready to go and get put together and finished.

So style, timber match but colour???

I wanted to use Organo hard burnishing oil, which I am a big fan of because my shed is invariably dusty and that stuffs up final perfect finishes and it is really quick and great, I reckon.

But the spec sheets EXPLICITLY states

STAINING: This product is a penetrative, clear oil finish and should NOT have other-brands of pigments
or colourants added to it.
I need to get the finish substantially darker (see pic)

Some specific questions:

1. The spec sheet sat 'other brands' of pigments... but there don't seem to be any organo brand pigments or stains - ...
Has anyone successfully darkened/stain-based or dye-based organo oil (one post on the forum described a disaster on this?)

2. Does anyone have suggestions of similarly easily applied finishes that have various shades so I can work to match colour?

You can see the colour difference needed in these pics...

Thanks very much.

John



DSC_9834.JPGDSC_9833.jpgDSC_9836.JPGIMG_0173.jpg
Attached Images


0 commentaires:

Enregistrer un commentaire

 

Lorem

Ipsum

Dolor