Camera slider

samedi 30 mai 2015

Gentlemen, this is my first post in the photography forum, hello.

I'm in the throws of completing a camera slider.

Basically it consists of a 1.5M length of OpenBuilds V-slot track, a stepper motor, camera carriage, and toothed belt.

The unit is controlled by an Arduino UNO with a sketch jointly written by foobillious and RustyArc in the CNC forum.

So far so good, now my problem.

What I intend doing is firing the camera shutter with a pair of Aputure Trigmaster Plus units, one will be attached to the camera as receiver, the other, transmitter, on top of a control box at the end of the track.

Specifically, is there a way of triggering the transmitting Trigmaster externally without the need to push the fire button?

There are three ports in the side of the Trigmaster, one marked "Flash", one marked "Camera" and the other marked "PC Sync".

I had hoped that by installing a 2.5mm plug and cable into the "Camera" port, and shorting the wires together, the Trigmaster would fire, but it does not.

To explain a bit further, the Arduino powers the stepper for say half a turn then stops, closes a relay to trigger the camera, then moves on etc, etc.

I don't want to trigger the camera with a cable draping down from the control box.

If I haven't lost you, I'm looking for ideas.

Ken


0 commentaires:

Enregistrer un commentaire

 

Lorem

Ipsum

Dolor