What do YOU use floats for?

vendredi 29 mai 2015

I've had a float recommended to me by an opinion I trust. I will probably end up getting one and having a play, but, in the meantime, I thought I would pick the brain of the collective hive mind that is the hand tool forum...

From what I can tell, a float is a tool which can do a lot of things that other tools can do. It can clean up joinery the same way a chisel can (sometimes better), it can flatten and smooth tricky grain or tight spots the same way a block plane or scraper can (sometimes better), and it can remove stock the same way a gritty rasp can (sometimes better).

But here are my two questions:

1. What can a float do that other tools CAN'T do?

and 2. Which tasks do you, personally, find yourself reaching for the float to perform?

Thanks a lot,
Luke


0 commentaires:

Enregistrer un commentaire

 

Lorem

Ipsum

Dolor