W.B.Haigh & Co Ltd Mortiser

vendredi 29 mai 2015

I thought I would share some pictures of a mortiser I purchased off Ebay a while ago.
It currently holds a 1 1/2" chisel.
The pulley at the top drives the auger in the chisel. The pulley at the bottom drives the chisel into the timber. When the lever (foot pedal) at the front is pressed, a clutch is engaged and the chisel driven into the wood. There is an adjustment lever on the side which I believe changes the depth of the stroke.
The machine is very solid and very heavy considering it is not overly large in size.
I plan to get it operational sometime soon. I am considering mounting 2 motors. It would be a shame to do this, however, I have no plans on setting up overhead line shafts.
Andrew.


0 commentaires:

Enregistrer un commentaire

 

Lorem

Ipsum

Dolor