Small Panel Saw Quest

samedi 16 mai 2015

Hi Gents,
I have grown tired of using my Triton 2000 table saw and have started looking for a decent Panel Saw to replace it.
I looked at all of the ~$3000 chinese machines and was not very impressed. I wanted a scribe blade AND be able to fit dado blades and was told it was not a good idea and that I should just use a router.
I don't want to use a router.
I DID want to have approx 2.4m sliding table for that sized sheets, but , after some consideration, I have lowered my requirements. I doubt I will need to do that at all.
If I can rip and cross cut 1220, I should be happy. ( I'm trying to keep a handle on the space required, as well...I know...catch 22. )

So, I started looking at some European machines. I don't really want to spend more than $7000 and that makes it a bit difficult.....
Also, the fact that no one has any of the particular models in stock so I can actually LOOK at one! :(

Anyway, I have narrowed it down to a SCM Minimax SC3 or a Hammer K3. Both have smaller sliders, have scribe blades and will accept dado blades. Both are around $6000.

I saw a video explaining how the blade zero moves when tilting the blade. I asked the question and both of these machines do that. Its only when you spend alot more money, this stops being a problem( eg Felder ) ...bugger...

Anybody have any insight to choosing between a Hammer and a Minimax saw?


A small tidbit. I was holidaying in Innsbruck in Austria last September. The Hammer factory is in the next village......I wasn't looking for a panel saw then....Oh, the irony..lol

Steve


0 commentaires:

Enregistrer un commentaire

 

Lorem

Ipsum

Dolor