Shipping Container repair query

vendredi 15 mai 2015

I have a storage container that has one of the corner roofing sheets dented and rusted out. My plan is to cut out the rusted area and ‘block up’ the area around where the rusted material was removed. What I mean by the term ‘block up’ is to use four pieces of flat steel 100mm X 3mm (length as required) on edge to form a rectangle welded to the existing roof around the rusted out bit. The top of the ‘block’ will then have an exhaust fan mounted.I’m not very good at describing this project. I’ve attached a very primitive sketch showing one of the ‘block’ sides in hash marks. The lower edge of this side will need to be trimmed to match the profile of the existing roof. I think transferring the roof profile to the flat steel is called 'scribing'.I’m at a loss as to how to transfer the roof profile to the flat steel. Any ideas or thoughts would be greatly appreciated. Thank you!
Attached Images


0 commentaires:

Enregistrer un commentaire

 

Lorem

Ipsum

Dolor