A marketing question -

samedi 16 mai 2015

I asked Neil (Ubeaut) about this and he has blessed this approach, so -
As you may know a few weeks ago I asked about extruders for a project I was working on. I need some marketing type information to justify further expense and as you guys are in the target market I'm hoping I can get some opinions. I'm not selling anything.
Background
We all have collections of 'bits' and there is always the question of where to put them. I make up sets of drawers for things in my shed but typically these take time and (especially for non-woodwork people) can be tricky to make. These are some of the better ones in my shed -
P1020988 (Medium).JPG P1020986 (Medium).JPG
Deeper drawers are not so difficult but shallow drawers like that in the first picture (depth is around 20mm) rapidly run out of side to put slides on. Trouble is, that is a really good size for small tools as found in our sheds (for example measuring and marking out gear, spare drill bits, taps & dies - the list goes on)
The Proposal
The drawer sides, back and front could be made from an extrusion (pretty much copying the timber profile), so that it is just a matter of cutting the extrusion to length, adding a base and joining it together (as well as adding a front with drawer pull of some sort to finish) and the drawer is made. The wrapper around it is much simpler - typically a box made with plywood. The slides are just solid pieces of wood or plastic fastened to the plywood. A variety of sections are proposed so drawers of different heights are possible from around 22mm up to say 100mm
Questions
  • Would something like this be of interest to people; more importantly once costs are amortised, we would expect it to sell for around $20 to $30 per metre - would you buy it? Can you see your friends buying it at that price?
  • Is the "kit of parts" idea reasonable? Would we need to also sell things like bases and slides to make it an attractive thing to make?
  • Is distribution via a web site something that people are comfortable with or does there need to be a bricks and mortar presence? (dispatch of goods would be via Auspost probably, so material would be send out as metre lengths. Larger orders could be sent via couriers which may allow longer lengths)


Your thoughts will be appreciated.
Michael

(PS - this is a general query. The detail is still being developed so I may or may not be able to answer any other questions you may have)
Attached Images


0 commentaires:

Enregistrer un commentaire

 

Lorem

Ipsum

Dolor