Shed floor and overhang - timber frame

jeudi 25 septembre 2014

Hi there... I have built a timber frame on stirrups for my colourbond shed, which will be 1.5m X 3m.



I've built a timber frame for the base from 90 X 45 mm H3 treated pine. The land slopes so it's about 15 cm off the ground at one end and about 5 cm at the other end, which I will protect by removing some soil and putting some H4 treated pine in front of it to stop it getting wet.



Couple of questions:



1. Would yellowtongue be OK for the floor ? Joists are about 40 to 45 cm apart



2. There is going to be an overhang - what I mean is that the shed is slightly smaller than the floor space, by about 5 cm on each side. What would some options be for waterproofing these edges as they will be exposed to the elements. Would paint suffice ? Perhaps floor paint ? Or would I need to use bitumen or some sort of waterproofing goop ? Perhaps some sort of sarking/flashing ?



Thanks in advance.







Sent from my SM-P605 using Tapatalk





Read the full thread at RenovateForum.com...




0 commentaires:

Enregistrer un commentaire

 

Lorem

Ipsum

Dolor